Discover our fleet
General Terms & Conditions FG Company B.V.
- These general terms and conditions form part of the rental agreements between FG Company B.V., the rental company and the renter of the car.
- Changes in this agreement can only be made in writing signed by both renter and FG Company B.V.
- The “Check In Report” of this agreement containing further particulars with respect to (the condition of) the rented car, rental period, rent, insurance options, etc. forms part of this agreement.
- Cars will only be rented to and may only be driven by persons above 21 years and not older than 70 years of age.
- Gasoline is not included in the rates. Cars must be returned containing the same quantity of gasoline as the car contained the moment it was rented. If such is not the case, a refuelling charge will be charged. In the case that the renter fills the tank with the wrong fuel, the cost of cleaning the tank and refilling will be charged. The renter is not limited to any mileage maximum.
- Loss or water damage of an electronic key $350,00 or chipped key $150,00.
- The rental agreement will be entered into the period and the rate as indicated in the agreement or as otherwise agreed in writing.
- The rented car must be returned at the return location in good condition on the date and hour as specified on the Check In Report.
- If the renter wishes to extend the rental period, FG Company B.V. must be contacted before the car is due back. The agreement thus extended remains subject to these standard terms and conditions.
- Failure to contact the lessor as prescribed in section 3 will void the insurance-coverage and will make the renter fully responsible for any and all damages caused or other costs incurred. If the car has not been returned to the lessor within the rental period or any approved extension thereof, the lessor shall have the right to immediately repossess the vehicle. In the meantime the rent is automatically extended under these standard terms and conditions. The rental price over the extended periods will be increased by $56.- per day.
- The terms and conditions of insurance are available for inspection at FG Company B.V. and will be provided to the renter upon request.
- Renter is fully responsible for any and all damages not covered by the car-insurance.
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) The own risk deductible amounts of US$ 300.- for any and all damage to the rented vehicle resulting from a collision/accident caused by the renter or an unknown third party. The renter is fully liable for any damage to the rented vehicle amounting to less than the aforementioned amount.
In case of theft of the car or damage like, vandalism, joy riding, broken windows, fire, flood etc. the renter is fully liable for the vehicle.
- The rented car may only be driven by the renter and additional drivers listed explicitly of the agreement. If the renter allows a non-listed driver to drive or move the car, or if the renter is negligent in preventing a non-listed driver from driving or moving the car, he/she will be fully responsible for any damages caused to the car, its occupants or third parties. The renter must consequently not give the car-keys to a non-listed driver.
- Any collision or accident causing damage, no matter whether third parties or third parties’ property are involved or not, must be reported to the Police (+599 717 8000) and FG Company (+599 786 0313) at once. Failure to do so will void the insurance-coverage and will make the renter fully responsible for any and all damages.
- The renter is fully responsible for damage caused by driving over unpaved roads.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medicaments will make the renter fully responsible for any and all damages caused by or to the car.
- If a misrepresentation is made to the validity of the renter’s driving license, or the driver is disqualified from driving, renter will be fully responsible for any and all damages caused.
- Renter is fully responsible for any fines, court costs and possible other expenses incurred in connection with traffic or parking violation or any offences committed with the car during the rental period.
- Whenever the renter leaves the car, the keys must be removed.
- The renter will be charged for the towing of cars, if such proves necessary due to any other reason than mechanical breakdown.
- The rented car must not be used to tow or push any other car or thing. Violation of this prohibition will make the renter fully responsible for any loss or damages caused to passengers, goods or the car.
- The rented car must not be overloaded and should be used in a proper manner. It is not allowed to carry more persons than the car is lend to, including the driver, at a time.
- The renter must not participate in any test, race or contest with the car. Violation of this prohibition will make the renter fully responsible for any and all damages caused.
- The renter is not allowed to drive on unpaved roads, nor in the National Park, unless he has rented a pick-up truck, a two-wheel or four-wheel Jeep. In case of a mechanical or any other problem caused by the renter in the National Park and a tow truck or support is needed US $150 will be charged.
Damage to cars due to driving on unpaved roads is not covered by the insurance. If cars are found to have been used in the National Park, Bonaire Rent a Car B.V. shall have the right to charge the renter a fine of US$ 200.00 The renter himself shall be responsible for salvaging the car, if this should be necessary, and any and all expenses involved therewith shall be for his account. FG Company B.V. is not in any way obligated to provide assistance in such cases.
- In all sections of this article where renter is fully responsible for any and all damages caused, the coverage of the car-insurance will be voided.
FG Company B.V. is not responsible for any damages to or misappropriation or loss of personal belongings, goods or luggage of the renter, additional drivers or other occupants of the car. Nor does the car-insurance cover such damages.
If a misrepresentation is made to rent or to obtain the car which is of such a serious nature that,
if the lessor had been aware thereof, he would not have concluded the agreement, if the car has been used to violate the law, has apparently been abandoned, or if the renter has violated any of the terms of this rental agreement, the car may be repossessed by the lessor at any time prior to the expire date of this rental agreement. No prior notification will be required in any of the above circumstances. Without giving any notice of default and without any intervention of the court and without prejudice to his right to receive compensation for any and all costs and damages.
The renter is bound to pay all costs and damages before she/he leaves Bonaire. If the renter fails to pay any amount consequent on this rental agreement when due, at least 15% out-of-court collection costs on the outstanding amount will be charged if the services of an attorney have to be engaged to collect any money overdue. If necessary court costs will also be charged.
Article 8. Payments & Cancellations
- Credit Card information is required in order to guarantee your reservation. Your credit card will not be charged until your pick-up date or if the cancellation deadline has passed.
- Before 2 week of the rental date if you cancel the reservation, you will be charged a processing fee of $ 100.-. In the event that you do not pick up your rental car, or cancel your reservation less than 2 weeks before your arrival, you will be charged the full amount.
Any nullity or invalidity of one or more provisions hereof will not affect the validity and applicability of the other provisions.
Dutch Caribbean Law is applicable to this agreement.